Wednesday 6 March 2013

Sassy Sketches



[ Two fun sketches I did recently on my reading retreat. I'm excited to see what they turn into when I incorporate them into new paintings. ] 

Sketching is so relaxing for me, almost meditative. I get lost in another world and when I come out there is a new creation in front of me. For whatever reason I stopped sketching for a lot of years, and it's only recently that I rekindled my love for it. I'm also embracing it as a great practical tool to take an idea and develop it off the canvas, and later bring it back to my painting.

I keep thinking it would be great to incorporate sketching into my daily routine. Maybe one day I'll get there. In the meantime I'll be happy with doing what I can. That's all we can do at the end of the day isn't it.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment