Monday 25 March 2013

Joy in the small things

It's a busy spring! The last few months have been gradually picking up pace and I have a neat collection of design projects on the go right now. I've got my head down, I'm working hard, and there's time for little else. But I am managing to find great joy in a few small things right now:

1. Cauliflower Crust Pizza, by Brittany at EatingBirdFood.com. It's so delicious and is truly nothing like eating bird food. I swear. I'll never go back to flour crust.




2. Stephanie Ryan's daily small sweet steps. They arrive in my inbox every morning and set the tone for my day. I have come to love these little nuggets of wisdom and look forward to them as part of my daily ritual.



3. Two Books:


Organized Simplicity: The clutter-free approach to intentional living. By Tsh Oxenreider

I have so much praise for this book and Tsh's values. There is a simple recipe for homemade deodorant in the back that I love. 

 



Living Simply with Children: A Voluntary Simplicity Guide for Moms, Dads, and Kids Who Want to Reclaim the Bliss of Childhood and the Joy of Parenting. By Marie Sherlock

Good ideas for keeping life simple and staying connected with your kids. I want to start our own pioneer night ritual with our young son.








 4. And of course, my son. He's almost four, full of curiosity, and an amazing storyteller with a vivid imagination.

I'm grateful for all these little things that add up to a rich and rewarding life. Soon life will take another turn and everything will shift, but for now this is plenty.


xo 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post...love knowing what my peeps are into each week ;)

    I wish my kids were good storytellers. Perhaps it's the fallout of spending a long spring break, then a long Easter weekend around them, but I seem to be getting a lot of "um mom? Um....um...um did you know that Sebi at school has never seen a mouse?!"...ugh...

    ReplyDelete